SS40K - Grey Knights Part 2



Am I terrible about making regular updates? Yes.

With a Librarian added and Voldus built, it was time to gather some Troops. Two Strike Squads were the selected poison, but choosing that over a Strike Squad and Terminator Squad was the easy part of the puzzle. Coming from Age of Sigmar, I'm not used to multiple weapon profiles, nor do I pretend I know enough about 40K to decide what would be good options. In building my Fantasy/AoS Collection, I began with listbuilding based on Competitive results and built a 1000 point list from that. Here, a very similar plan, utilizing 40kstats.com to see what Strike Squad loadouts had been. I did deviate a little here, since points mean little to me, and built them with Hammers. I also wasn't sure why Halberds were so prevalent, since dual-wield Falchions seemed like a better option. 

Strike Squad 1: Leader with Hammer, 3 Halberds, Psilencer

Strike Squad 2: Leader with Sword, 2 Swords, 1 Halberd, Psilencer

 

For the Paladin/Terminator Box, I had decided on building Paladins, but found the interesting way in which 8th/9th Edition split up characters from squads made my building decisions easier, and I built the Apothecary and Ancient. The Paladin leader took a hammer, while the other two wielded Halberds.

And with that, my Grey Knights force was built, 500 points strong. I took them out that morning and sprayed with GW's Leadbelcher, very easy but deceptive undercoat (Since it matches the plastic color so well, it takes looking closely to determine whether it got into the recesses.

With the initial coat on, they move to the next stage of my Start Small 40K Project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Start Small 40K Project Begins

SS40K - The Battle Phase